Sunday, March 8, 2009

Trevor is 8 years old today


Trevor celebrated his 8th birthday all weekend long. It started with a party at school, treats and fun activities. Then on Saturday, his cousins, Nick and Ginger arrived for the weekend. So they played all day, then we headed to a community basketball center, new for our city, for the birthday party. We played and played and played for over 2 1/2 hours; basketball, dodgeball, interactive games, running, chasing, laughing, etc. Pizza, hot dogs, pop, and cake were all there too. Trevor had all his cousins there and 5 other friends, all his siblings and plenty of adults to control this wild gang. Then after the party, cousins came home with us to spend the night. 11pm mom had all of them asleep and everyone cracked open their eyes about 9am Sunday morning. Dad prepared the hardiest breakfast around... pancakes, bacon, sausage, the works... they enjoyed that and spent lots of time playing outside in the rain... yes, I said, in the rain. Kids right? Oh well, everyone was safe and they had lots of fun. The fun continued with dinner at our Mexican restaurant here in town; just our family where they sang Happy Birthday to Trevor and surprised him with some yummy ice cream and sprinkles. So, how does it feel when I think about Trevor turning 8? I am amazed at the difference between Tom at the age of 8 and Trevor at the age of 8. I am proud of him for so many reasons and yet I look at baby pictures and wonder where did the years go? Have I been so busy living life and keeping things together that I have missed all the time? I am so thankful for all my pictures. I suppose all parents feel this way and only stop to smell the roses a few times each year. Maybe we all should try to slow down a little bit more. Happy Birthday Trevy... Mom and Dad love you!

No comments: